Sunday, January 24, 2010

uhhhh.

So I PROMISED my Uncle David that I would blog, because I've been so bad about it lately, but seriously I don't even know where to start!!! I'm anxiously awaiting Dan's return from Africa. Doesn't that sound cool? Sam kept saying all weekend, "Dad's in AFRICA!" Yes, Dan finally got to go on a fun "guy's trip". They headed to Marakesh, Morocco for the weekend. Cannot wait for the pictures!!!!

Dan deserved the trip because he just spent the last week working from home and caring for the kids while I was in Milwaukee to attend my grandmother's funeral. I had such a wonderful time at home I must confess. It was so liberating being able to see friends and shop...on my own schedule! I got to visit my old school and register Zoe and Sam at Milwaukee French Immersion for the fall. I met with the principal there...she was fantastic and we are excited the kids will be able to keep up with their French. Even Sam is excited!!! He declared last week, "I can't wait to go to French Immersion because my teacher is going to be like, WOW, you speak French!" That made me smile. What a difference from last year when it pained me daily to watch Sam struggle.

My grandma's funeral was beautiful and well attended. It was SO nice to see all my relatives and family friends. My grandma was a remarkable woman and I think she would have been pleased with the evening. It still seems so surreal to me though. She was a woman you just sort of thought would live forever.

So I promise to do better with the blogging. It's been two weeks and I honestly don't even know how to back up. I know I missed blogging about my parents' visit. We had a blast surprising the kids and celebrating Christmas again. Dan also took the kids skiing while I was gone and I know he has some great video footage that I need to get linked on here. I'm also going to beg him to blog about his trip. I'll be better....

No comments: