Friday, July 11, 2008

getting closer....

Nineteen days left....We are cramming so much in it's borderline ridiculous! I took
the kids to Bastille Days on Thursday and we took a mini-French lesson with the Alliance Francaise. I'm in so much trouble!!! I seriously have no ear for French, but I'll keep trying. I think I will be able to read it. I spent some time translating Sam's school paperwork online today. As I was typing in the French I started to feel like I understood. Sam starts school on Aug. 25. His teacher is Madame Kahn. The school, I'm told, is in walking distance of our apartment. I also tried to translate Zoe's school supply list. I gave up. I may take it to the Alliance Francaise down on Oakland and see if they can help me. The kids both need slippers for school. I guess that's what the kids wear in the building? Some things I feel like we will need to buy there...I don't want Sam showing up to school with the obnoxious American SpiderMan slippers...although that may be a good way for him to make friends!!! We'll surely update you on all the funny things we do "wrong" as we adjust to a new culture. I hope the Swiss have a sense of humor!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hello Elkos!

We'll miss you Zoe and Sam. Come visit our blog sometimes too, please.

http://alphagirls.blogspot.com

We'll be following your blog too.

Grace and Meghan B.