Well it's a small world...we already have friends in Lausanne! When Dan lived in Scotland back in college one of his flatmates was a French guy named Laurent. I had heard many stories about this guy and finally got to meet him in 1999 when Dan and I visited him and his girlfriend, Elisabeth, in Grenoble, France. Laurant and Babeth are a wonderful couple. They have two beautiful daughters, Julie and Chloe. We spent time with them in March and Dan has spent a great deal of time with them on his two return visits. They will be our biggest support in Lausanne. They both speak English and I hope Babeth will help me with my French and teach me how to cook French! She wants me to teach her how to make cheesecake and big American muffins! Their girls are great and I think will help our kids transition. They'll be seeing a lot of us in the next three years...I hope they're ready! When we told them we were moving to Lausanne one of the first things Laurent asked was if we'd cook a big Thanksgiving meal!
1 comment:
Hi Jen, Great blog, you did a very nice job. The pictures and links are a nice touch. We were very
impressed with all that you got done on it already.
I hope you have a good night and that Ben sleeps
tonight. See you tomorrow.
Love Mom
Post a Comment