When Zoe was a baby Dan and I started a family tradition of making a gingerbread house every year...from scratch. Dan has got it down to an artform. He's the baker and I do the royal icing. This year we got lazy and bought two kits from IKEA for Sam and Zoe. The pieces were nice and nothing was broke. Last week I made the icing, put them together, and let the kids decorate them. A bit of a mess and I'm sure Sam ate more candy then what he put on the house. I wasn't sure where to put the houses so Ben wouldn't break them, so I put them out on the balcony and we could see them through the window. Dan hadn't seen them because the blinds are usually closed before he gets home so the other morning Zoe wanted to show Dan. Well what a surprise we had!!! It's been raining off and on in Morges for the last week and I guess the wind blew the rain across the balcony. Our gingerbread houses were smushed! I hadn't even taken a picture of them! So this is what they look like now!
Avery 10 1/2
10 years ago
1 comment:
Bummer...I'm impressed you make them every year...we've tried a couple times at various functions and we can NEVER get ours to stay together. Maybe you can teach me the trick...minus the wind of course!
Post a Comment