Friday, December 5, 2008

A Great Birthday

I just can't believe how amazing my birthday was this year. I still feel like a little kid and all excited! I'm getting older....I should not be enjoying this as much as I did!!! For starters I can't believe how many emails I received. From California to New York, Minnesota to Texas...I got so many warm wishes and it was just great. My facebook was also swamped. Thank You!!!

I spent the morning at a shopping center with my friend Sandra. We are trying to venture out of Morges every week and find something new. We found a great pair of boots for me that were on sale and even reasonable by Swiss standards. Sandra also treated me to McDonalds!! We were hysterical because we couldn't even order at McDonald's without the clerk having to grab the only person that spoke English! How embarassing. As we sat down we also noticed that all the Swiss women were eating Happy Meals. Yup, the two American woman were enjoying their BIG value meals! (I did share my fries and nuggets with Ben).

The evening was spent with three friends at Cafe Balzac. (Sandra, Suzie, and Sarah) We had a great time. Lots of laughs and yummy hot chocolate. But my gift from Dan takes the cake. He has arranged for my friend Suzie and me to fly to Vienna next Friday/Saturday so we can hit the Christmas Markets. I'm still a bit speechless! Mulled wine, sparkling lights, a new city to explore....yeah!

The celebration continues tonight. Sandra and Matt are going to watch the kids so Dan and I can go out to dinner! I feel so fortunate to have made so many wonderful new friends here. That is the best gift anyone can ask for!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vienna!! A wonderful, magnificent city - the food, the street musicians and art, the cafes, the palace...and at Christmas time too!! It's a lovely place. Glad you had such a nice birthday, Cafe Balzac, McDonald's, and great friends.

Unknown said...

God knows you deserve it Jen.

And much love to Dan for the Vienna hook up. Awesome!!!

Bridget Smith said...

I'm so glad that your birthday was so great. You will love, love, love Vienna--but be prepared, it's BIG and a bit overwhelming. I was there after Christmas when I went and it was still lovely. Enjoy!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow....sounds like a perfect day. You'll love Vienna and wow Dan...kuddos to you on the great gift! Can't wait to see pics from your exciting birthday trip. Enjoy having a babysitter and dinner out....perfection!