Thursday, May 20, 2010

Roma


Ok, finally taking a break from all the relocation paperwork. Ben is napping and I'm hoping to squeak out an entry or two. So far behind. Dan's mom was here for three weeks and we did so many things. One of the highlights was a girls trip to Rome. Zoe and I went with Janet for 4 days and had a really good time! A personal highlight for me was the Vatican Museum. We hadn't done that when we went with the kids last time...and it's a good thing too! We spent over 3 hours there....WOW! The Sistine Chapel was pretty awesome.

A good deal of Gelato was consumed along with pizza, pasta, and cappucinos. The gelato though....I dream about it sometimes.

In the short amount of time we managed to see the Trevi Fountain, The Spanish Steps, Michaelangelo's Moses sculpture, The Colosseum, Roman Forum, St. Peter's, Pantheon, and Piazza Nouvona. I also tortured Janet and Zoe with the Roman underground which always seemed to be packed....it's all part of the experience, right?

No comments: