Ok, this has NOTHING to do with living in Switzerland, but my brother is very disappointed that I haven't blogged in awhile and is sick of the tulip post! Ha ha, I love you Joe! Yes, I'm a bit behind again, but it's only been like three weeks....yikes, that is far behind. So anyway, Dan bought some ground lamb a few weeks ago and after consulting my brother and mom I decided to make Sfeeha for the first time. I was pretty excited. For those of you who are wondering what the heck Sfeeha is, it's a Lebanese triangular shaped meat pie. My grandma and grandpa Nicholas made them all the time and I believe they were smiling down on me as I made them. I think I added just the right amount of cinnamon, which is quite a lot, they smelled great and that was before I even cooked them! They also have pine nuts, which I have learned to adore. I used to drive my grandma batty by picking them out. I noticed that Zoe did this to her sfeeha and I had to laugh! Just like my grandparents I put a clean dish towel in a big metal bowl and I also ate one right away and burned my mouth....this is a very crucial step in making Sfeeha. This is a very important piece of our family story and I hope that all my cousins will not wait as long as I have to make them!
Avery 10 1/2
10 years ago
2 comments:
What a great picture and I'm so proud of you for making sfeeha. You are right, grandma & grandpa would most certainly be very happy that you are continuing the family tradition. They look so good that I think I'll make them this week. Thanks for inspiring me and hopefully many others in the family.
Love you much, Mom & Dad
Jen nice job! I've never made them either....I should try!! I know Dean makes them. But I don't know if I could pull it off perfectly.....you have the same big bowl that granny had :-)! Hope all is well...we need to catch up soon!
Post a Comment