Hi everyone! I forgot to tell you a funny story from my latest adventures in trying to learn French. Last week Dan, in a very nice supportive gesture, contacted the local Ecole-club Migros to look into signing me up for another French class. I received a letter from them and then later that day a phone call on my cell phone. The woman didn't speak much English and somewhere in the conversation didn't think that I was Jennifer and started asking questions about "Jennifer"....I just went with it. She wanted to know how old I was. Why? Because the class that was being offered in Morges was for au pairs. I realized before the woman called me that I probably wouldn't be able to be in this class. So I answered...."37". I could then tell that the woman was trying to recall her English numbers and so I repeated t he number in French. The woman replies, "Oh.....she is not a young woman. (thinking that Jennifer was an au pair) This class is for woman up to the age of 24." Man, talk about crushing!!!! So if I want to take a class through this organization I have to go into Lausanne. They have an online assessment which I will take just to see where I am at!
There is also another language school in Morges. I got the information online and think that I will investigate this program a bit more. The next session begins in April. I'll keep you posted! In the meantime I'm still going to my Tuesday morning class through Sam's school. I'm also trying to understand more when my Swiss friends are talking. I'm picking up more words, but I still don't usually understand the whole conversation.
Avery 10 1/2
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment