Monday, February 23, 2009

Madame Kahn

I forgot to finish this entry from before our trip to Rome. Here's the scoop. I had a meeting with Madame Kahn, Sam's teacher, to discuss Sam's progress with French and how he is doing socially. My friend Chantal graciously agreed to interpret for me. The meeting went well and I wish I would have made the effort to speak to the teacher earlier. Sam is doing ok. He is able to do the "work" that the other children are doing, but he is not making much of an effort to speak French yet. The teacher is now pairing him up with a different child everyday to help him make more friends. (He'd only been playing with the one English speaking boy). Madame Kahn also had no idea that we had just moved to Switzerland in July. Oops I guess we should have told her this a long time ago. She is a very nice, patient woman and I know that Sam is in good hands.

Funny addition. This meeting took place last Thursday. Sam and I had baked heart shaped cookies for him to pass out at school on Friday for Valentine's Day. Well....I made a cultural assumption based on my life experiences that the teacher would understand that the cookies were for the children. She took them home! And now my favorite tupperware container is probably gone forever too!!!! Augh! Too funny!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys-

Take two; I didn't know I needed an account to leave a message so i don't know if you received the first comment or not.

Anyway, it looks like an excellent adventure you guys are on, how exciting.

Raquel and I have been home bodies, she is back in school full time studying respiratory therapy.

We will let you know if we plan a trip to Europe.

Take care-
Love,

Mark & Raquel

The Yodeling Elkos said...

Hey Mark! Good to hear from you! This is the first message I've received. Ann Marie just left this morning, we had a great visit. It was great to see Karen in Rome too! How crazy! Let us know if you're heading across the pond!!! Say hi to Raquel for me!