Sunday, February 1, 2009

skiing

Today we took Sam and Zoe to their second ski lesson. Their friends Pia and Alena joined us with their mom, my friend Suzie. The weather was not clear as it was yesterday. In fact it's been snowing most of the day, even here in Morges! So the conditions weren't ideal, but the kids did a great job. Sam and Alena were moved up mid-way through the session from level red to orange. Zoe passed on to the next level. Pia has been skiing for a few years, so she was up on the hill with her group. I think this bothered Zoe a bit. In fact this evening has been very teary because she thinks she will never be able to ski with Pia. I think we need to work on patience. I see a lot of me in Zoe. I have been extremely impatient with my French. I don't want to put effort into it, I just want to be good at it....now. Zoe is feeling the same way about skiing. I guess I need to be a better role-model for my daughter. All in good time, all in good time.

No comments: