Today was the big day...Sam's 5th Birthday party. He was SO excited. About mid-morning I found him sitting in a tiny rocking chair in his bedroom facing the window. He looked very grumpy and I asked him what was wrong. His reply, "I just wish my party was now." It was hard to wait.
The guests arrived at 2:30 pm. He had invited 2 boys and 4 girls. They are all great children whom Sam is really fond of. Zoe and her friend Pia were my helpers and Ben cooperated by napping until 3:15! It really helped because Ben still thinks it's his birthday. He saw Sam's cake on the counter and just kept saying "Happy Day, Happy Day" Poor kid.
So entertaining children ranging in age from 4 to 6 is a bit challenging. They weren't too keen on the games I had planned. Maybe it's just their attention spans. I think it was also hard because other boys have been over here to play before so I think they all just wanted to hang out in Sam's room and play with his cars.
Sam did fabulous. I was so proud of him. He used his manners and thanked all the guests for coming and the presents without having to be reminded! When I tucked him into bed tonight he told me it was the most awesomest party ever.
1 comment:
Jen you really need to go into the cake business....your cakes are amazing! Happy Birthday Sam! Can't wait to see you soon!
Post a Comment