Monday, September 14, 2009

Heebie Jeebies

Ok, so as I'm writing this I'm actually fighting tears...(I'm also PMSing). Yesterday I was at IKEA (no comment) and I was pushing Ben in the cart through the lighting department when the song, "She's Like the Wind" came on by Patrick Swayze. I starting laughing and said to Ben, "What's up with Europe's obsession for 80's American Tunes?" Patrick Swayze, c'mon. My mind did start reminicing about Patrick Swayze. I usually think of the movie "The Outsiders", which was probably my first film where I had crushes on all the characters and had every Teen Beat magazine about the movie. Of course you can't forget, "Dirty Dancing"...."Nobody puts Baby in a corner."

I told Sandra about hearing the song and we both had a good laugh. We ended the conversation with me saying, "I wonder how he's doing these days?"

Yesterday Patrick Swayze lost his battle with Pancreatic Cancer. May he rest in peace. I'd like to think in heaven today he and Chris Farley are entertaining the angels with their Chippendales dance from Saturday Night Live.

No comments: