Sunday, December 6, 2009

Goodbye


On December 5th my grandmother, Gladys Nicholas, passed away. She was ninety-two years old. It was very hard for me to be here in Switzerland and not be near for one more kiss. However, I did get to talk with her on the phone several times and days before she died my mom put the phone up to her ear and I got to tell her I loved her. I was blessed with her being able to say, "I love you" back. A moment I'll never forget. She was a remarkable woman and I'm so happy she was my grandma. Christmas was a wonderful time with our family and grandma made it so special for all of us. In fact her first day in hospice she asked my mom if Kohl's was open because she thought if they went together they would probably get all the shopping done for the great-grandchildren in an hour! I told Zoe, Sam, and Ben that this Christmas will be extra special with a new Christmas Angel. God Bless you grandma.

No comments: