Monday, July 12, 2010

Sandra

I feel like my friend Sandra deserves her own final blog post. Sandra made Switzerland home. She was the person I called when I embarrassed myself around town, when I found a new product at the grocery store, or simply when I needed to vent. In two years we managed to get lost on numerous occasions (with the GPS!), go on countless walks along the lake, struggle to order at McDonald's, drink too much in London, share recipes and books, and support each other through it all. It's hard to believe that two Wisconsin girls had to move to Switzerland to find each other. I hope that I can still be a part of Sandra's last year in Switzerland...email and skype help. It also helps to know that some day we may live close to each other again. Sandra, thank you and enjoy Switzerland this last year. Remember, on the hard days....an almond croissant makes everything better!

No comments: