Monday, July 12, 2010

Saying Goodbye to Parc le Cedre



I have to say for the last two years we have lived in what I consider the PRIMO apartment complex in Morges. It consisted of four buildings and a huge private green space in the middle. It was beyond ideal for a family with three children. The kids made so many friends in the complex and it was safe for them to play down at the playground alone (Zoe and Sam). We also got to know many families in our buildings.

In our building, 1B. we were fortunate to live steps away from the McCann's, Oberle-Dupont's, Holt's, and Lynch's. The kids were never short of playdates and all these women were so dear to me. I can't tell you how much I miss them. Ben also had a special friend in our building, Mr. Volland. Just about every morning Ben would pick up his paper from outside the front door and hand deliver it to him!

Building 3 we became friends with the Caine's and Schaffer-Jorge families. Sam loved playing with Sam and Christina. He talks about them all the time and really misses them. In the next building my dear friend Muriel and her husband Cedric lived with their three adorable children. Ben and Nathan really enjoyed each other's company once Ben got over the fact that they spoke different languages!

Our last days at the apartment were difficult ones in terms of saying many good-byes. These wonderful people were daily fixtures in our lives. I can't imagine what it will be like to not see them on a daily basis.

No comments: