We loved Munich! There was NO rain!!! It was cold, but the sun was shining and we weren't complaining. Our hotel was just outside the city and we took the train into the city center. It was very convenient.
Our first night there we went into the city and walked around, just to get familiar with the layout for the next day. When you exit the train station at Marienplatz and see the Rathaus towering over the plaza...very impressive. After walking around a bit we made our way to Hofbrauhaus for dinner. This is probably the world's best known beer hall. It was packed! The live polka music was blaring and tourists and locals dressed in traditional dress were enjoying themselves. Dan managed to find a table that we shared with a German man and two Japanese women. The kids loved it! For dinner we had sausage, kraut, and pretzels. The kids danced and Sam was quite the stud with his hat. Lots of pictures were taken of the kids! After liter beers we were glad that we were taking the train home.
Our full day in Munich included exploring the city center. We walked through an outdoor market in the afternoon and ate more pretzels. (We are all tired of pretzels!) I think we were all getting a bit tired of walking around and sightseeing at this point. Maybe this explains why I can't really think of anything more to say about Munich at this point. I think I stopped paying attention! I don't even remember what time we ventured back to our hotel. We ended the evening at McDonald's and it was darn good!
No comments:
Post a Comment