So I've learned not to lock myself out of our apartment. Don't worry I didn't actually do it, but my neighbor and friend Nadia did. It's nice to once learn from someone else's mistakes! Nadia is someone I greatly admire. She is a successful business woman and a great mom. I don't know how she does it all! So like all moms rushing in the morning, yesterday she left her apartment without her keys. Then her husband, Frank, left the apartment, locked the door, got in his car, and drove to Germany! I found Nadia outside our building at 4:45 when the school bus arrives. Our apartment manager was giving her the "news". She would have to pay around 600 Fr. to have her door opened! Her and Lara were taking the train the next day to Germany to meet Frank and he had already taken their luggage with them. So I offered that they stay with us for the night. I'm glad she felt comfortable enough to say yes. Lara and Zoe were thrilled (and didn't fall asleep until 10 pm!). Nadia was able to work from home (our apartment) in the morning and I think it all ended up well. I'm so glad she didn't have to put out all that money for one night! I just hope I never am in that situation, because asking someone to put up the Elko's...well, we may be sleeping in the lobby!
1 comment:
You guys should swap extra keys. Several people had keys to our old house because I am horrible with keeping track of keys.
Post a Comment