Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Something new

Today Ben and I went to Geneva with our Swiss neighbor Muriel and her 3 year old son, Nathan. We went to a mall! It was the same mall that Zoe and I went to last year to see High School Musical 3. The boys had a great time. There was a huge Christmas tree in the middle of the mall with animated animals (very American). We also took them to McDonald's for lunch, which is always a hit! The highlight though, for me, was that we took the boys to a Gardarie. This is basically a place where you can drop off your kid for a few hours while you shop. I was very skeptical that Ben would last or even go in for that matter. I'm happy to report that Muriel and I were able to browse the mall for an hour before we were called to be told that Ben was crying. I was very proud of Ben! This is huge for him...it's good practice because he will be starting preschool next month for 2 mornings a week. The woman at the gardarie said he played great with Nathan and probably started crying only because he saw other children being dropped off and their mother leaving.

The boys both zonked out on the way home. It was pretty cute...there was drooling involved.

1 comment:

AM and the gang said...

Yeh Ben!! So he is starting preschool...big day. So will he go where Sam was going last year or no? We'll have to chat soon! Miss you...