So it's been awhile that we've taken a Swiss "daytrip". Dan just returned from a week in the U.S. and I was doubtful that he would be up for anything this weekend. However, Saturday proved to be a VERY long day with no plans! We left the house around 8:30 this morning for Leukerbad, which is about an hour and 1/2 from Morges. Our destination: Burgerbad. No this wasn't to recreate that awful hamburger the kids were served in Lyon, France! Burgerbad is a Thermal Bath Center.
This place is about the only thermal bath place that we know of that Ben can get into. They even have a children's pool! It was fabulous and we all enjoyed it!!! My fingers still feel "pruney"! There was the children's pool with two little slides and another larger pool inside. There were also three outdoor pools. The view was breathtaking. Imagine relaxing in a warm bath, steam floating above the water, and the Alps surrounding you. It was perfection.
We were definitely the only Americans there today. I think 90% of the people there were Italian. In fact we had our picnic lunch in the "picnic room" with about 30 Italians! I also was able to observe a large group of Deaf people. I was fascinated. I realized today how much I miss sign language. From my observations I think this group was all related. For those of you who don't know, yes sometimes deafness can be hereditary and entire families can be deaf. There may have been hearing people in this group, but they were all signing and I loved watching the facial expressions and signs. They looked Italian and therefore were not signing American Sign Language, but I was able to understand bits. It was really cool.
Oh, and there were water slides! Like Wisconsin Dells water slides. Sam and Zoe had a blast going down the inner-tubes. I must confess I did too! Dan and I took turns because Ben was too little.
All and all a great day!
1 comment:
Hi Jen,
This picture is just amazing. I saw a few Deaf people signing in France when I was there too. Of course French Sign Language is very similar to ASL, so I could follow. What a cool experience! I mean warm? How about awesome!
Post a Comment