Saturday, January 24, 2009

Cafe Balzac

In an attempt to ease into the Saturday morning, Jen and I split the kids. It was snowing here, which doesn't happen quite often in Morges, so I took Zoe and Ben to one of the local landmarks, Cafe Balzac. I believe Jen has blogged about it in the past, but it's worth mentioning again. The "chocolat chaud" (hot chocolate) is around $6.50 and worth every cent. They serve it in a small teapot with a separate cup so that you can slowly savor the flavors. Being the wonderful dad that I am I shared mine (Chocolat Balzac) with Benjamin who will never drink Swiss Miss again. Zoe indulged in the Papouasie. http://www.balzac.ch/index.html

Here are the English translations... the percentage refers to how much cocoa they use.
  • Chocolat Balzac: (55%) Mixture refined according to our recipe, spices, cinnamon, and cocoa from Ecuador and Venezuela.
  • Papousasei: (36%) A Criollo and Forastero Java are behind this wonderful cocoa copper color pink. It's tone is accentuated by aromatic pure Tahitian vanilla. Slightly spicy, a first impression of freshness in the mouth, a prelude to a harmony of flavors.

- Dan

No comments: