Saturday, April 18, 2009

Birthday Girl

Well I had a really cute picture of Zoe openning her birthday presents in the car on the way to France, but as we lost the camera....you'll have to use your imagination! We left early Friday morning (April 10) for the South of France to spend 4 days on the Mediterranean. Ok, now before you start thinking, "Man these guys are living the life"....picture 5 hours in the car with three kids crammed in the back of a station wagon and rain....rain and wind all day Saturday and Sunday. Do you feel better now? Zoe too complained that most of her birthday was stuck in the car. whaaaaaa!

I personally can't believe that my little girl is seven. How did this happen? I just had her. In fact I just graduated from high school. I couldn't possibly be having my 20 year reunion. No way. I'm not pushing 40, I'm not pushing 40. Zoe loves hearing the story about the day she was born and seems to still want to consider herself a preemie. Then I showed her a picture from the People magazine I was looking at in the car (God Bless my friend Suzie's husband who gives her a subscription to People over here) and showed her the picture of the lady with 8 babies and explained that is what a REAL preemie looks like. She was after all 5 lbs. 11 oz and home in 2 days. Now she acts like a teenager some days....full of hormones and anguish. I've warned my husband he ain't seen nothing yet. She has a sassy mouth on occasion, tries so hard to be independ., yet still wants to snuggle at bedtime. She would like to become an actress or photographer. (She finally gave up that dream about working at Build-A-Bear).

Zoe brings so much joy to our lives. I'm sorry your birthday was spent in the car and we had pasta for dinner. Because according to her we ALWAYS have pasta.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Zoe! Sorry we missed talking to you on your actual birthday! Hope it was a great day!