Sunday, May 24, 2009

Disneyland Day 2


Our second day at Disney started at the Walt Disney Studio Park. The ONE character that the kids REALLY wanted to meet was Sully from Monsters, Inc. They got their picture taken with him and then ended up meeting tons of other characters throughout the day. It was great! We got some really cute photos of them. As I'm typing this we are uploading our photos onto Flickr....warning...there are a lot!!!!

Next on our "to-do" list was the High School Musical Show! I was possibly the most excited about this, yeah, I'm a dork. It was an outside show that lasted about 30 minutes. It was great! Sam and Zoe got to participate even. The performers were great. Zoe seemed disappointed after the show....I think she was expecting the REAL actors from the movie. sigh.

We also hit the Lightening McQueen ride for Sam and Dan and Zoe ended up braving the Rock-n-Roll Aerosmith Roller Coaster. Yeah...way too much for little Zoe. She was tall enough, but had no business being on that ride. She cried a little but was very animated about telling me how scared she was...she survived, but swears she'll NEVER ride a roller coaster again!

There wasn't much more we wanted to do at the Studio Park so we headed back to the Disneyland Park to enjoy Adventure Land and Frontier Land. The kids liked the Pirate Ships and Zoe and I climbed into the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House. Sam and I ended the day with Buzz Lightyear ride again.

At 6pm we met Nikki outside the park in the Disney Village and had dinner with her at Planet Hollywood. It was so fun to catch up with her. I will definitely be taking a trip to Paris by train to visit her again and hopefully she'll be able to make it to Switzerland as well.

As we left the parking lot Zoe burst into tears as she didn't want the trip to end. I have a feeling we may be heading back in the next two years. It's still way closer than Florida!

No comments: