Well what can I say...we all fell in love with Disneyland! For years Dan and I had put off the idea of taking the kids to Disney. We just dreaded what it all entailed, bu we are so glad that we finally did it! It was just great from beginning to end. We spent all day Thursday in the Disneyland Park. We did as much as we possibly could cram in! Ben took a 2 hour nap in the stroller which was a huge bonus as he was in a good mood the rest of the afternoon.
The parade was awesome! We found a spot on the curb and then in typical European fashion found that really doesn't mean much as people just crowd you out. Seriously...there is NO etiquette in this department and we are WAY too accommodating. The kids and I did stay on the curb, but Dan moved the stroller so that a nice British family could move their double side-by-side stroller behind us. Then about 5 minutes before the parade a woman pushes her 3 kids in front of us and I got in my momma bear mode and refused to move. What the heck, we'd been sitting there for 45 minutes! One of the workers told the kids they had be on the curb and all the rest of us were forced to make room. At first I was really ticked off but then I realized it wasn't the kids fault. Ben was on my lap and this little girl was basically sitting on my feet. She talked to me in French and I just smiled. Her and I bonded though when another little girl who was so excited I seriously thought she might faint, screamed non-stop in our ears the entire parade. I have never seen a kid so excited before. It was like she was seeing the Beatles or Elvis...or Zac Efron.
Our favorite rides were It's a small world, the teacups, Buzz Lightyear's Laser Blast, and Peter Pan's Flight. We lasted until about 7 pm! WOW....
1 comment:
Your trip looks wonderful! I'm glad you enjoyed Disney and you got the kids to Paris regardless of a few meltdowns!! As we all know those can happen anywhere so might as well be seeing Paris :-)! Can't wait to chat and hear all about it!!
Post a Comment