Thursday, May 14, 2009

Oops, I did it again....


No this is not a blog entry about Brittney Spears, but rather my lack of blogging again. I'll blame my houseguests. My parents left on Tuesday and it is Thursday so I guess I'm not doing that bad! We had a great visit with my parents. They lucked out with some amazing weather. Our last weekend was spent sight-seeing in Lausanne, hiking along the Morges River, and resting in the thermal baths at Yverdon.

My parents didn't get to see Lausanne the first time they visited so we hopped the train, got on the metro (to avoid climbing the huge hills), and walked through the market, went to the cathedral, stopped for lunch, made our way down the hills to Ouchy, and enjoyed the gardens at the Olympic Museum. The kids had ice cream TWICE!

On Sunday we packed a picnic lunch and set off on a great trail along the Morges River. It was a first for us, but definitely won't be the last time we take this hike. Sam got a bit tired on occasion, but we made it to the "top" and had lunch overlooking vineyards, farm fields, and orchards. Not too shabby. We were all pretty exhausted when we got home, but the kids don't do well just sitting at home so I took my parents, Zoe, and Sam to the thermal baths in Yverdon and we swam the afternoon away. Then we were REALLY tired! It was a great Mother's Day and I'm happy I got to spend it with my mom.

No comments: