Oh I don't even know where to start about our week in Greece. It was a most eventful trip!!! We left the house mid-morning on August 4 to catch the train to the Geneva airport. With about 10 minutes until the train arrived I realized that I forgot to pack Ben's NUK (pacifier). UGH!!!! Dan was happy because he's been wanting me to get rid of that thing for about a year now. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Let me say.....Dan was wishing I had remembered it after screaming on the plane and every nap and bedtime. sigh. Ben hasn't asked for it two days now, but is still having great difficulties calming himself down to sleep. Today, for the first time, he climbed out of his crib. I'm afraid things will get uglier before they get better. Ok, this has nothing to do about Greece, but I had to get that off my chest!!!!!
We landed in Athens and were immediately hit by the heat. I'm talking sweltering. We didn't have to walk to far to catch a bus that would take us to the port of Piraeus. We were taking an overnight ferry to the island of Crete where we would be spending five nights. The bus was packed and hot and we got off at the wrong stop and had to walk around the port to our ferry. That wasn't all that much fun with three tired and hot kids. (Adults don't do that well in the heat either apparently). But we got on the boat and the kids perked up. Give Sam and Zoe bunkbeds and they are happy campers!!! We had a little cabin with two bunkbeds and a bathroom. None of us got that much sleep that first night!!! Taking a shower before we got off the boat was a HUGE bonus!
We exited the boat in Heraklion, Crete at about 7 a.m. Our car was being dropped off at 8:30 so we had time for some coffee, juice, and pastries. We then made our way to our apartment for the week. It was a beautiful place called, Nymphes Luxury Apartments. Dan found this place on Travelocity and it was awesome. Pepy, the woman who runs the place is a dear woman who made us feel right at home. The pictures speak for themselves. It was heavenly! There were also some resident cats and kittens that the kids could not get enough of...the kittens joined us for many of our meals. It was very cute. We also had a hard time getting the kids out of the swimming pool. (So much so that both Sam and I have ear infections now....sigh).
So I think I'm going to break up the entries into days or events....here we go......
1 comment:
Wow....your trip sounds amazing! Can't wait to see the pics and hear all about it!
Post a Comment