It was a beautiful day though and the hike was beautiful. It wasn't strenuous, just long. We were treated to many waterfalls and amazing rock formations. Ben did well in his pack, but I think our days with him on Dan's back may be numbered. He's getting really heavy!! Overall, Sam and Zoe did a really wonderful job. We had a picnic lunch along the river and stopped for ice cream along the way too. The trail was very busy.
The area is also where Absinthe is distilled. It is known as "devil in the bottle" and is still illegal in parts of the United States. (We can't bring you any through Chicago). There is an interesting story behind it all which Dan and Matt got from the nice lady at the train station. Dan bought a bottle, "just because". I don't know who he's going to get to try it with?! I think I'll pass!
No comments:
Post a Comment