Hi all! Really not a whole lot of excitement this week in Switzerland. Just kinda doing our thing. The weather is slowly improving. The tulips are up about 3 inches and I can't wait for them to bloom!!! The park across the street from us plants about 10,000 bulbs....should be awesome! I'll be sure to post pictures!
Zoe (don't anyone repeat this to her) came home from school this week because a friend was teasing her and I couldn't really figure out what the problem was and then she said, "The thing is, I'm in love." WHOA! We got that worked out fast. Seems like there is a girl in her class who is a bit boy crazy. I had to laugh cuz I had one of those girls in my first grade class. Got me in some serious trouble after school one day because I walked with her to a boy's house after school and we told the mom that our mom's knew where we were. Yeah, my mom was searching the entire neighborhood for me! Remember that mom? Zoe will not be "in love" anytime soon....geez!
Today I tried to convince Sam that helping me wash the balcony floor would be fun. (I'm getting ready for the 60 degree weather this weekend). I got the buckets of soapy water all ready, the rags out, and I started working. Sam came out and seemed ready to help. He said, "This is kinda like science, right mom." "Uh, yeah, sure Sam it's just like science." Whatever works. He lasted about 15 minutes.
Benjamin continues to be monkey boy. He climbs anything. He now climbs a rope ladder at the playground. He's nuts! I can't turn my back for a second. He is very agile. I have a video clip of him and I doing some balancing tricks. I'll download it this weekend. The kid may be a gymnast or a Chinese acrobat . Ben is also trying to talk more. His new favorite words are snack, money, where go, and he yells MAMA if I'm not in the same room with him.
I just finished reading Marley and Me. Great book. So many things reminded me of our dog Ollie. I was hysterical. And the chapter when they had to put Marley down was so similar to when Ollie's life came to an end. I was bawling. I didn't appreciate Ollie that much in life, but I realize now that we was truly a gem. Gentle, loyal, and a bit....no a lot, neurotic.
We are looking forward to this weekend!
Avery 10 1/2
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment