Well it doesn't matter where you on St. Patrick's Day....If you are Irish....you celebrate! The children all dressed in green today. Sam was disappointed that I didn't make green pancakes for breakfast (a Pat McCauley tradition). We did celebrate with fellow Irish-Americans though. Our neighbors the McCann's graciously invited us over for dinner. Emily made an amazing Guinness Beef Stew. It was SO good!!! I provided some Irish Soda Bread and a cake. They have three children 4, 2, and 5 months. It was just a really enjoyable evening!
This morning I sent an email off to my Irish relatives (at least those in my address book). It was so great to get responses from many of you! My cousin Brian emailed me back to let me know that I was not alone in celebrating in a country that doesn't celebrate St. Patrick's Day. Brian is presently in Baghdad with the Department of Treasury. He did say the Embassy was hosting a bash and I'm hoping he got a Guinness!!! My cousin Catey in New York emailed me....great to hear from her! Dan's uncle Tom McKale was out bagpiping all day....in fact he's out there now bringing joy to the crazy party crowd in downtown Milwaukee as I type! And Aunt Lori was rushing to clean Johnny's St. Patty's Day t-shirt so he could wear it to school!
I got to talk to my St. Patrick today....my dad. It was great to hear his voice. Maybe you can make us some green pancakes when you are here in April?
Avery 10 1/2
10 years ago
1 comment:
Glad you were able to celebrate a bit with fellow Irish-Americans. Pretty low key here but we did have some Irish beer and the kids all saw that the leprechaun had visited their school :-)! Happy St. Patty's Day!!
Post a Comment