Saturday morning Ann Marie and I headed out early while Dan took Sam and Zoe to a ski lesson. We met my friend Sandra at the train station and headed to Bern. Little did we know that the capitol city was celebrating carnival that day! As we got off the train we wondered why some people were dressed up in elaborate costumes. When we made it to the main street and we saw the vendors and grandstands set up we figured something big was going on! It was wild and I'm sure had we stayed into the evening we would have witnessed a serious party! I seemed to be every child's (and one adult's) target for confetti throwing. I had yellow pieces of paper in my hair most of the day!
We made our way to the end of the street where the bear pit is and we went inside and watched the "Bern Show". It is a great multimedia presentation on the history of Bern. We had never taken the kids to it before, but we'll have to next time we are in town. After the show we ate lunch at the brewery before heading out to catch part of the parade. We also climbed the cathedral steps...Zoe would be so proud!
When we arrived back in Morges we quickly freshened up and headed to Pully for dinner at our friends, Laurent and Babeth's house. It was a long day!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment