So can someone please explain to me why the Swiss grocery stores do not see the need to have "seat-belts" in their grocery carts? Is it because all Swiss children are just so perfect that they always sit patiently while their mothers shop. Hmmmmm? Anyone?
I had the shopping trip from H#** today! Ben would not stay in the cart. Not in the seat, not in the basket, not anywhere that would make life easy for me. He screamed, he ran, he made every Swiss person look at me with accusing eyes. Today I just stared back at people, I didn't apologize, I didn't care.
At the check out he grabbed a piece of chocolate. The girl checking me out acted like I wasn't going to pay for it. Scan it already and give it back to him so he doesn't start screaming again....pleeeeeeeeeease! Then to insult me more as if I'm "THAT" dumb American, she wasn't going to give me my nine packs of stickers for their current promotion. I just spent 190 CHF give me my darn stickers for my kids lady! She seemed irritated that I asked for them....whatever.
Ben left the store with both palms COMPLETELY smothered in chocolate along with a nice chocolate goatee. We gots lots of "oh la la's", laughs, and I'm sure some unsolicited advice which thank the Lord I didn't understand. As I entered the parking garage the Bon Jovi song "Who Says You Can't Go Home" was on the intercom and I almost started crying. I love you Jon.
Avery 10 1/2
10 years ago
2 comments:
Hi Jen,
Sorry to hear our little angel is giving you a hard time.
It won't long and you WILL BE home and can shop all you want without him as we will be MORE then happy to watch him. Looking forward to seeing all of you soon. Give Benjamin a big kiss and hug for us.
Love
Jen sorry to hear about a less than great shopping experience! Target is calling your name and you can either shop child free or you can at least strap him in and get him starbucks and you enter to keep him completely entertained :-)! Hope everybody has a GREAT weekend!!
Post a Comment