Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Verkehrshaus


Try and say that five times fast! I don't think I can even say it once. The Lonely Planet guide claimed it's Switzerland's most popular museum. I was skeptical, after all how exciting could transportation really be?! It turns out we had a great time and the kids LOVED it! Planes, trains, automobiles, space rockets, flight simulators...you name it! The kids loved sitting in a real helicopter and semi-truck.

There was also an event going on because there were many antique cars on display. Sam got lots of pictures!!! The highlight for all of us though was the helicopters. There is a enormous courtyard in the middle of the museum and we hear several announcements being made....the only word we understood was helicopter. So we stood and waited hoping we were waiting for something! Sure enough, FOUR helicopters landed in the courtyard. The first one that landed was maybe 100 feet from us. Wow! I've never been that close to a moving helicopter and the wind! I was worried that Ben was going to be scared, but he loved it! We got to watch the other three land while we were eating lunch outside. Very cool!

No comments: