Friday, November 14, 2008

American Market

Today I headed to Nyon with my friends Sandra and Susie (and Ben). We wanted to go to the American Market to buy some products from the good ol' U.S.ofA. WOW! After I left I thought, you know, we can live without all of this, but it was still fun.
I got my canned pumpkin, enough for two pies according to the can. I bought 4 cans of evaporated milk (5 oz.) each. Now that I think of it, that was dumb, I should have only bought 2 cans because I'll probably only make one pie and then use the rest of the pumpkin to make bread. Oh well. The can of pumpkin was only 5 and 1/2 franc! I also got the kids some A&W rootbeer at 2.50 a can. You don't even want to know what that bag of stuffing cost me or the mini-marshmallows. Topped it off with Newman's Own Salsa and a can of creamed corn for Dan. I think my bill came to 53.50 fr. A splurge no doubt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Splurge maybe but always fun to have those little items that make you feel like you're at home! Do you have big Thanksgiving plans? Does Dan have to work?!?!?