Morges is known as the Flower on the Lake. I'm beginning to undertand why. When we moved here I was immediately impressed with the amount of flowers along the lakeshore. They plant hundreds of Daliahs each year. They just removed them last week. The roses are still in bloom. The summer annuals were dug up and then shockingly replaced with mums and pansies. This town is still full of color! They also planted thousands of tulip bulbs in the park across the street from us...I can't wait until April.
It's been unseasonally nice here the last few days. On Sunday we walked along the lake. There were so many people out and about at 4:00 pm. They were selling roasted chestnuts. I know its so annoying but everytime they are out I start singing, "Chestnuts, roasting on an open fire...."
I guess the weather is supposed to change soon though, so we'll enjoy it for now. As soon as Ben wakes up from his nap we'll head back out!
Avery 10 1/2
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment