Friday, November 21, 2008

Persimons

We've discovered a new fruit! We had it at my friend Suzie's. I'd never heard of it...Persimon. Sam loved it and he isn't one for trying new things. I bought some today. They were on sale, so even better! They kinda look like a tomato, taste kinda like a mango. Very interesting!

I've also had to buy my first packs of Pampers this week. Painful. We had shipped boxes of diapers and finally ran out. I found a box of them, like you buy at Target. I paid 30.00 for 82 diapers. I saw them on "sale" today. It was a box of 132 Size four for 45.00. I know I should have bought more, but I just couldn't. So if you are someone buying diapers, think of me next time. Ben will be potty trained by his 2nd birthday!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stu's favorite is persimon pie...his grandma always made them. I haven't branched out yet! Ouch on diaper prices....yikes!

Mary McCauley said...

Haruko says that persimon is an Asian fruit and that
her parents bought them often when she was young.
She hasn't seen them around for some time here in
New York but hasn't really looked for them. Maybe you should have persimon pie for Thanksgiving instead of pumkin in honor of Stu's grandma.
We enjoyed our skype visit today. JJ told Joe that he talked to Auntie Jen. Isn't little Patrick beautiful?
We are having a very relaxing evening here. The kids are both asleep and we are getting close to doing the same.