We are trying to get into the holiday spirit here in Switzerland. It's a bit weird not to be in our house, setting up our tree, and baking cookies.
On Saturday we drove to Montreaux to a Christmas Market. It was very cold and we enjoyed warm pretzels, crepes, and mulled wine. They didn't really have anything that we wanted to buy so we are going to try and hit a few more markets in the next week. There is one here in Morges and we might also head to Bern next weekend. We'll see
Last night we had some Pentair friends over for pie and wine. We had a great time. Maybe a little to much fun, the evening didnt' end until 1:00 am. I haven't done that in a long time!! But we had many good laughs and it was well worth being tired today!
We set-up our little Christmas tree today. It's really kinda pathetic. But the kids were excited. We are going to do gingerbread houses this week as well. I feel like we have so much to do to get ready for coming home and I'm a bit nervous it won't all get done. I just found out that Milwaukee is supposed to get hit with a ton of snow. Today it was probably in the 50's here in Morges. It was gorgeous. The mountains were just breathtaking today. I'll get some pictures on here this week. I've been really bad with the blog lately....sorry!
On Saturday we drove to Montreaux to a Christmas Market. It was very cold and we enjoyed warm pretzels, crepes, and mulled wine. They didn't really have anything that we wanted to buy so we are going to try and hit a few more markets in the next week. There is one here in Morges and we might also head to Bern next weekend. We'll see
Last night we had some Pentair friends over for pie and wine. We had a great time. Maybe a little to much fun, the evening didnt' end until 1:00 am. I haven't done that in a long time!! But we had many good laughs and it was well worth being tired today!
We set-up our little Christmas tree today. It's really kinda pathetic. But the kids were excited. We are going to do gingerbread houses this week as well. I feel like we have so much to do to get ready for coming home and I'm a bit nervous it won't all get done. I just found out that Milwaukee is supposed to get hit with a ton of snow. Today it was probably in the 50's here in Morges. It was gorgeous. The mountains were just breathtaking today. I'll get some pictures on here this week. I've been really bad with the blog lately....sorry!
2 comments:
Sounds like a lot of fun. You can never have too much wine when shared with friends. Good luck with the shopping but don't stress yourself out over it, tis the season to be jolly-not stressed. How was the ice-skating today with the kids? Sounds like a beautiful day in Morges. It was very cool and very rainy today in New York. We are following the storm in Milwaukee also as we plan on leaving here on Wednesday morning. We are not looking forward to driving in bad weather so hopefully it will all pass through by then.
Looking forward to the 19th.....
Love you and miss you lots
Mom
Sounds like fun!!! Ice Skating also sounds fun. I really wish I was there. Can't wait for you to come back. Make sure to stop by. I know we all really miss you!!! I know I do
Hayley
Post a Comment