Zoe and I FINALLY got to see High School Musical 3: Senior Year in ENGLISH!!!! We had to drive all the way back to Geneva on Sunday evening, but it was worth the drive and the cost.
We have a GPS in our car, but I still managed to take a brief scenic tour of the Geneva Airport Departure area. Talk about panic, I was trying to stay calm, but it is so scary when you make a wrong turn and know you can't really ask for help! I mangaged to get to where I needed to be and the theater had a huge parking garage. We got there in time and after the shock of paying 33.00 fr. for the two of us we sat down and enjoyed the show.
Zoe was SO excited. She kept holding my hand and just smiling. I'll admit, when Zac Efron's sweaty face filled the screen in the openning shot I got goosebumps! I just felt like I was home (in the U.S.). I know this sounds so dorky coming from a 36 year old woman, but High School Musical has been a huge part of my life in the last year. Not only do my kids love it (Even Ben rocks out to the songs), but it was a huge part of my teaching last year. Last fall I put together a spring musical at my school that included only Disney songs. The final number was the HSM song "We're All in This Together" performed by a class of 5th graders. This was a special group to me because I had been their teacher in 1st and 2nd grade and also their ASL teacher in 3rd and 5th grade. All teachers know every now and then a special group comes along, and for me this is my group. I miss them so much and when I return in three years to Milwaukee Sign Language School they will be gone...off to high school. So I'll admit, when the cast sang that song at the end of this movie I got pretty choked up.
The hard part now is keeping it a secret from Sam because he was not old enough to go. The Swiss have some strict guidelines. Hopefully it will still be in theaters when we are home in a month.
Avery 10 1/2
10 years ago
1 comment:
I so glad you got to see HS Musical 3 and that it was all you hoped for!! So do tell...how old do you have to be to see a movie in Switzerland? Was the theater really nice? Did they have assigned seats?! The Bicknells are so behind...we have yet to see the first one. It is on my netflix list so someday we'll join the rest of the world :-)! Have a great week! Miss you....
Post a Comment