Thursday, November 20, 2008

Ordinary life

Sorry folks, I've been somewhat uninspired as of late. We are just going through our normal routine. Oh no.....does that mean we LIVE here now!? So bizarre. I think this week I was going through some growing pains of becoming a stay-at-home mom. I really miss teaching, and although I teach my children daily...it's different. I have to put some thought into making the routine more exciting or adding some new places to our repatoire. This area is still so new and I need to figure out where moms take there kids when the weather is not so nice.

I am enjoying getting to know my new friends better. There is such a comfort level with the fellow Americans, but you still learn new stuff each day. My Swiss friends are so patient and are so willing to help me with my French. I've been speaking more, even if it's a struggle. I had a former student email me today. He's a 6th grade boy and said, "I'm surprised you are having so much trouble learning French, I never had problems learning ASL." That's because you had an AWESOME teacher dude!!! Too funny!

Ben is starting to speak French. He says Au revoir and Bonjour. Not consistently, not always clearly, but I swear I've heard him say it and at appropriate times. He is also displaying some pretty creative dance moves lately. Music makes him SO happy.

The highlight of the week was getting to see my new nephew Patrick via Skype. He is SO adorable. I hope I meet him before he starts to walk. whaaaaaaaaah!

No comments: