Well this isn't a post I'm excited to write. Yesterday we had to say good-bye to our friend Matt. He is leaving for the States, for a conference and vacation, and won't be back until after we leave. Matt and Sandra are two of our closest friends here in Morges. Dan and Matt work together. We are all from Wisconsin and have supported each other through the ups and downs of living overseas. The kids adore Matt and I don't know if they realize how long it will be until we see him again. When you live away from family your friends fill that gap. In the States we don't live close to any of our siblings and so Matt and Sandra are closer to Zoe, Sam, and Ben than their own aunts and uncles....due to proximity and time. I suspect that void will hit them after we are home for awhile and the dust settles.
The actual goodbye was chaotic though. It consisted of Sam and Ben jumping all over Matt and being really obnoxious. The plus side of that is it prevented me from getting emotional because I was too busy yelling at them to knock it off!
No comments:
Post a Comment