Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Recycling


Recycling is one thing the Swiss have down to an art form! Everything is separated and there are bins for everything. Garbage, paper, cans, bottles, plastic, batteries, Nspresso capsules, and composting bins all for your convenience! We have garbage and paper bins in our garage, but we have to walk down the block to dispose of the other stuff and this is one of Ben's favorite jobs! He loves dropping the bottles down and hearing them crash. Some of the bins have underground containers and once a week a truck will come and with a HUGE magnet pull up the bin and dump the contents into the truck. Whenever we happen to be in the right place at the right time we have to stop and watch. Ben is fascinated! It is one thing that I wish we did better back home. I'm always skeptical when I'm putting paper on one side of a bin and cans/glass/plastic on the other side of a bin and then watch it all get dumped into a truck. When and were does it all get separated? The Swiss way seems much more efficient!

No comments: