Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Hop Suisse!

Chaos in the streets of Morges this afternoon as the Swiss defeated Spain 1-0 in the first game of Group H in the World Cup. Wow, it was like they one the whole thing!!! I guess at the time I didn't realize how good a team Spain is and what a big deal the victory really was! I think people were honking in their cars for well over an hour. I had to drive across town to pick up Zoe from a friend's house and it took me quite awhile to make it over there! On the way back the trip was easy, as the police were out keeping the people from the bars on the sidewalk!

I cannot say enough how fun it is to be in Europe during this competition. It's appreciated so much more over here than in the States. Soccer is truly the international sport....get on board USA!

No comments: