Tonight we had to say our goodbyes to the Ultes Family. Not an easy thing to do and I'm even having a hard time writing this while the tears run down my face. It all began with a "bonjour" and someone recognizing that I perhaps could use a friend in a foreign place. Sooze invited me to coffee and the rest is history. They will be forever friends no matter where we live, but that doesn't make the reality any easier. I cannot thank them enough for their friendship these last two years. There have been so many fun moments in the last two years and our kids consider Pia and Alena their best friends in Morges. Pia is such a sweetheart and thoughtful young lady. Alena is a "ready for anything" girl and Sam has had a blast playing with her. That is why I chose that picture above...Alena is always making us laugh...and as you can see from the photo of Sooze and Didi...the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!
Avery 10 1/2
10 years ago
1 comment:
Reading this now from a dark hotel room in Vegas listening to Alena snore...Pia is awake and playing with Hundi while sitting in the shower so she can have some light (??) :-) and tearing up!!! Thanks for the wonderful entry, we miss you every day!!
Post a Comment