Locarno is about four hours from Morges and located in the Italian speaking part of the country. I had found a B & B for us to stay in and of course was a bit nervous that it would be decent. It turned out to be just perfect for us and gave us spectacular views of Lake Maggiore. We had a great meal our first night at a restaurant not far from where we were staying. Thankfully Christina speaks Italian so we were able to order with no problem, because as our waitress informed us, "I am the menu."
The next day we walked to a beautiful church, Santuario Della Madonna Del Sasso, carved into the hills. We then took the funicular down to the town and boarded a boat for a ride across the lake. This was a bit of an ordeal as the young man in the ticket booth clearly wasn't enjoying his job that day and the boat was ready to depart. A man working on the boat said not to worry and the reality was there were only 3 other people on the boat! We did an hour walk along the lake and then took the boat back to Locarno. It started to drizzle a bit, but that wasn't going to stop us. We spent the afternoon shopping, eating (gelato), drinking, and relaxing! After another nice meal we took the funicular back up to the B&B and sat out on the terrace until 1 am! Some of us felt better than others in the morning!!!
I didn't bring my camera so I'm hoping to get some from Sooze so I can post some. Thank you to Sooze, Sandra, Lesley, Christina, and Sheena for a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment