I don't know how Jen is able to keep up this blog as much as she does, the days fly and taking care of three kids is really a full-time job.
Pat and I ventured out on our own Tuesday. We took the train to Geneva and walked for serveral hours. We went to the "old city" of Geneva walking the picturesque narrow streets, shops and visited the Cathedral of Saint-Pierre. It was a warm, sunny day, we stopped at a charming outside cafe for coffee. Just like you see in the movies. We walked some distance to the United Nations building. From there we met up with a friend of our who works for the United Nations as a trainer for Conflict Resolution around the world. She took us for a drive and out for a wonderful dinner at a very charming restaurant. We went back to her house in France to share more wine and conversation. We were very surprised to learn that she lives within eyeshot of Cern, the European laboratory for nuclear physics. She is very interested in the testing that is taking place there and she isn't glowing yet so all is well. She drove us back to Morges about 12:30 in the morning. We were glad we didn't have to go to work that day.
Jen drove on Wednesday, Sam didn't have school and Zoe went to a birthday party at noon. She has only half days on Wednesday. We went to a beautiful park that they have been to before. We were so impressed with Jen driving around and having a GPS system in their car helps too.
The boys loved the park and again another great day. Jen and I drove to Lausanne at 4 pm to pick up Zoe from the party.
I will let Jen tell you about her day today and ours. Let me just add that is was another warm, sunny day in the 70's. I don't want to leave......can't believe the first week is over. Here's Jen
Avery 10 1/2
10 years ago
2 comments:
How fun that you had a friend in Geneva to visit while visiting Dan and Jen as well. Sounds like your day in Geneva was perfect. You know we're dying to see all your pics when you get back to WI and get them all uploaded!
Enjoyed hearing about your day. Didn't realize you knew other people in Geneva. I'm sure you never thought you would be visiting them.
I read Jen's blog. How great you could put a nice change in her day.
Post a Comment