We decided to get up early and take a train to Interlaken. Dan and I were fully aware that this was going to be a strech for the kids but we were up for the task. Organization is the key and I had the bags packed with breakfast and snacks before anyone got up.
The kids had fun eating breakfast on the train and reminded me how I forgot the food on the train ride to Bern with Grandma and Grandpa McCauley. Yeah, yeah. Well this is a beautiful trainride, but guess what...one of those days when you can't see two feet in front of you. Dan and I kept looking at each other, we both had that, "Oh this is going to be a waste of a day look". Dan made the executive decision to get off at Bern until it cleared up. Great choice and of course Zoe was thrilled to be in her favorite place again.
We stopped for yummy coffee drinks and chocolate chaud before heading out. We did the usual tour, but this time we stopped in shops and that was so much fun. We made our way to the bear pits and stopped for lunch. Oh, it was the best lunch ever!!! The kids had hotdogs and fries, Janet and I had bowls of Hungarian Gulash with warm pretzels, and Dan had Bavarian sausages with a pretzel. We also had some of their home brewed beer. It was delicious. We made our way back to the train station (zoe didn't climb the cathedral). The weather was still disappointing and Dan and I knew that going all the way to Interlaken wasn't going to be fun. We decided on getting back on the train in the direction of home and we got off at Fribourg.
I'll devote an entry to Fribourg because it was a great gem of a city!
Avery 10 1/2
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment