Today Babeth, Julie, and Chloe came over for a fun afternoon of baking. On the agenda was Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. I had looked at the recipe before they came and decided on the Applesauce Spice Cake version. All the ingredients were out and ready. The kids were so excited and they looked so cute in their aprons. We practiced saying each ingredient in French and English. We all were having a really good time that....oops, we forgot to add an ingredient....a cup of applesauce! Needless to say the cupcakes were a flop. They didn't rise and were a bizarre consistency. Babeth was actually overjoyed because she thought she was the only one to make these kinds of mistakes. We all got a good laugh and the kids ate them anyway. I promised that I would make the correct recipe for them sometime soon. We still have chocolate chip cookies on the agenda as well. (I'm just glad we didn't waste any precious brown sugar making them!!!)
Avery 10 1/2
10 years ago
1 comment:
Hilarious.....good thing all the brown sugar was saved :-)!! Glad you all were having fun inspite of it all! Enjoy.....
Post a Comment