I was a long week with the kids both having their first full week of school. I think they were both a bit exhausted. Today the sun was shining and it was almost like yesterday never rained. The canal next to our apartment is rushing and our duck neighbors have moved closer to the lake for a bit.
This morning I met a new friend for coffee. I'm somewhat amazing myself at the people I'm meeting and immediately getting "close friends" with. I merely met this woman by passing her by on the street in the morning as I was walking Sam to school and she was walking her daughters to school. For about a week we would smile and say "bonjour". One day she had a GAP T-shirt on and I thought, "hmmmm, maybe an American". A few mornings later we saw each other after we had dropped our kids off and she asked me if I spoke English. Of course! Her name is Susan and she has lived in Morges for awhile (I forget exactly how many years). Her husband is German and they have two daughters, Pia, 6 and Alena, 3 1/2. She is originally from Denver. I gave her my email address (because I still don't know my phone number!) She emailed me and invited me for coffee. So we met today and Ben and I went to her home for coffee. Afterwards I ran some errands with her. She showed me some shops I hadn't been in before and pointed out some great things at the grocery store. It was a fun morning. We are actually going to get the families together tomorrow for a BBQ!
I'm also finding that Morges is a "small town". It is so nice to have school age kids because it turned out that Susan and I knew some of the same people living here in Morges! We always see someone from Sam's school everytime we are at the park or walking by the lake.
Zoe is also making friends with Lara, the little girl she rides the van with. Zoe said that today they sat together and spoke German. (Lara's dad is German) They were all giggles when they got off the van together this afternoon. Oh and did I mention that Zoe's school van is a Mercedes? Kinda funny. Here they are common cars like a Buick, but the city buses are Mercedes too!
Avery 10 1/2
10 years ago
1 comment:
Sounds like a long week but a good week for all as you're all finding friends and feeling a bit settled. Enjoy your bbq! Enjoy the European life as you will get to ride in more Mercedes than you'll ever get to in the states! Happy weekend.....
Post a Comment