Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sibling Picnic


Today is Zoe's half day and Sam has no school. So yesterday Zoe planned that today Sam and she would have a picnic outside our apartment. Just the two of them, no grown-ups allowed. This is a big milestone. Yesterday after dinner the two of them took the elevator down themselves and played on the playset for 30 minutes. Zoe kept a close eye on her watch and knew when to come back. The only issue is that they can't open the door themselves when we buzz them in, it's quite heavy.
So anyway, I packed them a lunch and when Zoe arrived home on the van at 1:00 pm they headed to the picnic table. I could see them from the balcony. They looked very cute and Zoe told me I packed a GREAT lunch. (PB&J, pretzels, carrots, cookies, and juice boxes).

4 comments:

Mary McCauley said...

How cute, oh how I would have loved to be a fly on the table listening to the two of them while they ate.
Glad that they are feeling comfortable going outside by themselves and that you are comfortable letting them.

Love to all

Unknown said...

Ferf, you are such a fantastic mom (which is why I know it must be safe for those two to be out there alone)!

I am loving your blog. I check in daily. Consider me one of your addicts.

Anonymous said...

Hilarious.....I love the pic! I'm glad the kiddos are enjoying their new 'yard' and coming and going with ease! I agree with 'K' I'm definately one of the addicts!! Keep the fun stories and pics coming!

Hayley Griffin said...

Oh that is soooo cute. I wished I lives somewhere where we could just go outside and eat a nice picnic lunch. Zoe you are becoming such a big girl. I can not wait until you get home over christmas. I hope I can see you then.
Hayley
Miss You!!!