Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The "curve"

Dan and I had cultural orientation training in Milwaukee before we moved. This was set-up through Pentair. Our consultant told us that each person in the family would adjust differently to the move and we all would have our ups and downs on different curves. Usually about a few months into it people hit a deep dip; a.k.a. depression. I don't think that any of us have hit that low yet, but I'm noticing that the kids are now taking their first dip. Or at least I'm noticing a steady change in their behavior. Sam and Zoe have been very aggressive with each other. Sam is very rough with Ben. The best for me is that Zoe and Sam tend to be at their worst in front of other people....making me feel ridiculous! I won't give any examples...too embarassing!
Sam cried after school the other day because he misses his friend AJ and says he doesn't have any friends at school because they all "learned French". Broke my heart. Zoe is just moody at times and VERY argumentative! She MUST have the last word....always! (future divorce lawyer?! ha ha)
Keep the kids in your prayers!
We are getting excited for our friends coming tomorrow. The weather isn't looking good for the weekend. I probably won't blog until after they are gone. But then will hopefully have some good stories to share. We miss you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it is any consulation Drew is always trying to get in the last word and we only live in Indiana :)
Surely know about the 'curve' so you're all in our prayers. On the bad days it sounds like you found a perfect place to help with the 'dips' and it is called LOTS of chocolate! Enjoy the new hot chocolate place and your weekend company. Hope the weather holds out! Love and miss....

Unknown said...

Fer-fer. I'm thinking about you too. Remember though, even if you were still living in Milwaukee you'd have good and bad days. AND you'd be living in Milwaukee. Not that there is anything wrong with Milwaukee but the adventure you're on is amazing. Stay away from the Hadron. You know black holes and all. Love you.