Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ballenberg


The guide book describes Ballenberg as a kind of Disneyland-like rural Switzerland of yore. I would compare it to a REALLY big "Old World Wisconsin", except Switzerland of course! The grounds cover 80-hectare and have about 100 authentic century-old buildings. We saw maybe a 1/4 of the park. We'll head back there someday to finish it off. The kids enjoyed it and we got to see a man making bread in the shape of a hedgehog!

We spent a few hours there and Ben did great hanging out in the back-pack. We took lots of pictures so you'll have to check them out on our Flickr Photo album. I just think it's great how much history our kids are taking in and being patient with mom and dad dragging them all over!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics! Fun to see all the fun things you're seeing! Jen you're my hero with driving and all!!

Unknown said...

I looked through your beautiful pictures. Would you believe I sat in front of that covered bridge and painted it when I was in high school. I carried that picture from house to house until just recently throwing it out. Frau S