It hasn't stopped all day. Ben got soaked walking Sam to school, despite his garbage bag raincoat. I also had to leave Zoe alone today in the lobby and she got all teary. I'm sure the neighbors were down in minutes. I felt like such an awful mom.
Sarah and I did make it to France though. The store was big and the first thing I found was a clear plastic rain-cover for the stroller! I realized quick how my selection at the local grocery store is quite limited. I was able to buy some El Paso taco soft shells, nacho chips, AND cheddar cheese. Zoe will be SO excited. We are going to have tacos for dinner. I also bought a beef roast, chicken breasts, ground beef, and some chicken wings (seasoned). Picked up some more ceral too. HoneyNut Cheerios and Quaker Oat squares. It was fun to shop somewhere else and
with a friend. I also want to check out the bigger chain stores here, closer to home. But its nice to know that a store like this is so close, about 30 minute drive.
Avery 10 1/2
10 years ago
2 comments:
Isn't it amazing what joy you can find in finding chedder cheese!! I guess we're true WI people! Did you have to pay a small fortune for it? Hope you all enjoy the tacos and kuddos on finding the rain cover for the stroller....your life just got a ton easier!
I guess we really do take Pick N Save for granted, huh? I'm glad that you were able to make such good finds so close to home. We're finally getting rain here, too. Hurricane Gustav has made it all the way to WI from New Orleans, and it's supposed to be steady rain all day. Everyone's lawns will be back to green again, hooray!
Post a Comment